On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 02:43 PM, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
Please realize when you have expectations for your group members to be able to perform, that for some us, it may not always be possible because of things like this.
-
You know, I don't think I have ever said, ever, anything that would be counter to this.  There are exception cases to "the typical" all the time.

I can't win here.  If I try to cover all the bases it becomes hideously long, hard to follow, and the central points disappear.  When I do what I think appropriate, and that is to address "the general case," many seem to think it's an edict that must be applied to everyone, equally, without any consideration of other factors.  It isn't.

Far too often my own writing is harder to follow than it might be because I'm trying to cover far too many bases.  If anything, I am trying to make an effort to avoid a litany of exceptions and caveats, which I definitely recognize, and focus on the general case.  Any one of us can play the, "But what if?," game such that it never ends.

And I hasten to say here, Betsy, that all of the above is in no way aimed at you, personally, but is triggered by your observation.

       ~ Brian Vogel