Re: Strategies for navigating YouTube comments using NVDA?

Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>

Thanks for all the great ideas, folks. Turns out I’m already doing a combination of most of these things but did pick up a few tips and tricks. Tony, that plug-in sounds awesome! I will definitely grab that and see if it helps. I found that if I press control end to go to the very bottom of the page and then press shift 2 a couple of times I will find the comments section pretty consistently since it is under a level two heading. Of the two issues I originally brought up, I’d say traversing between the comments is the most annoying. Even if you press G to go to the profile image of each user, there are still numerous elements you have to move pass to get to the actual text of the comment. Thanks again and keep the ideas coming. I’ve already submitted The feedback to Google as I mentioned so hopefully that will help. In the scheme of things I know this isn’t like a critical issue or anything, but I am a big fan of reading and interacting with comments on topics that interest me so it would be nice if that could be made a little easier. :)

On Dec 31, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille@...> wrote:

Comments are only loaded when you scroll down the page past the video description. Usually, I just rapidly scroll down the page, wait a couple of seconds, then the comments section will be there.
As for navigating comments, I typically use [e] to navigate to the edit field to add your own comment, then use [g] to navigate to each comment, as each begins with a profile picture.