Re: using NVDA with Bluetooth

Jackie

Luke R, please check the NVDA addons page for 1 called Bluetooth audio.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

On 1/6/21, Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The AirPods connect via Bluetooth. They
connect fine, it’s just that slight delay and truncating of the first part
of NVDA speech that makes them unusable for me. Would love if this has been
fixed somehow. Thanks.

On Jan 6, 2021, at 2:57 PM, Luke Robinett via groups.io
<blindgroupsluke=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hey Bob and others,
I’ve tried several times in the recent past to use my Apple AirPods with
my PC and NVDA but it never works very well. There’s a bit of lag and the
first bit of whatever NVDA speaks gets chopped off. Has this since been
fixed, either in windows or NVDA?

On Jan 1, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah, not sure how I missed this until this morning, but just tried it
and it works brilliantly! Now all I have to decide is which output to
stream to the speaker, Zara or NVDA. I think this is going to work
though. Now all I need is a test server to put into Alta Cast so I can
try this out.

On 12/31/20, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:
Bob, please try going to your synthesizer settings (control+NVDA+s),
select your synthesizer, & set your desired audio output device there.

On 12/31/20, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
It was a post on this list that inspired me to try using NVDA with my
Bluetooth speaker, and to my surprise, it actually worked. My question
is, can I somehow tell NVDA and only NVDA to output to the Bluetooth
speaker, and have everything else still come through the computer
speakers?
Bob

to:
wp4newbs-request@freelists.org with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR