From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 4:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] using NVDA with Bluetooth

Luke R, please check the NVDA addons page for 1 called Bluetooth audio.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html

On 1/6/21, Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The AirPods connect via Bluetooth.
They connect fine, it’s just that slight delay and truncating of the
first part of NVDA speech that makes them unusable for me. Would love
if this has been fixed somehow. Thanks.

On Jan 6, 2021, at 2:57 PM, Luke Robinett via groups.io
<blindgroupsluke=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hey Bob and others,
I’ve tried several times in the recent past to use my Apple AirPods
with my PC and NVDA but it never works very well. There’s a bit of
lag and the first bit of whatever NVDA speaks gets chopped off. Has
this since been fixed, either in windows or NVDA?

On Jan 1, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah, not sure how I missed this until this morning, but just tried
it and it works brilliantly! Now all I have to decide is which
output to stream to the speaker, Zara or NVDA. I think this is going
to work though. Now all I need is a test server to put into Alta
Cast so I can try this out.

On 12/31/20, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:
Bob, please try going to your synthesizer settings
(control+NVDA+s), select your synthesizer, & set your desired audio output device there.

On 12/31/20, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,
It was a post on this list that inspired me to try using NVDA with
my Bluetooth speaker, and to my surprise, it actually worked. My
question is, can I somehow tell NVDA and only NVDA to output to
the Bluetooth speaker, and have everything else still come through
the computer speakers?
Bob

message
to: