From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2021 3:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Selecting Files

Hi Gene

Well I’m using Windows 10 with NVDA 2020.3 and it clearly announces “not selected” after each file name as I use Control+Shift+DownArrow to move through the list of files immediately after opening File Explorer.  Similarly, if I select the first file then use Control+Shift+DownArrow, subsequent files are selected.

Had Chris known how the command works, he could have achieved what he wanted to do, so to say it’s the “wrong command” is unreasonable, particularly as you should know by now that in Windows, there are many ways to achieve the same thing.  I was giving added value to the subject of file selection as yourself and others have done, just think of it as another tool in the box.

Cheers

Chris