Re: On Intentionally Marking Any Groups.io Message as Spam - DON'T #adminnotice

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 02:00 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
While I always move them to my inbox, it seems that 90% of the time, those messages still end up in my spam
folder.
-
If they are from an e-mail list service, regardless of the individual user's chosen e-mail service provider, then I'd advise you to whitelist that e-mail list service domain/address.  I can't tell you exactly how to do this because it's directly dependent on what email client or webmail you're using.  Virtually all have a whitelisting mechanism.

Generally providers eventually learn if you keep unmarking them as spam (which is what moving to an inbox from spam most often does, but if you have an unmark as spam mechanism use it, as that will definitely do both) but there are some who do not, and whitelisting overrides whatever automatic spam marking they might have done.

       ~ Brian Vogel