Re: Selecting Files

Sascha Cowley

Can confirm this is what happens on Windows 10 for me too.

On 2021-01-08 10:29, Gene wrote:
I don't know what accounts for the behavior you are describing.  Is it possible that this changed in Windows 10?  Possible, but its hard to believe that these commands would have changed going back as far as Windows 95 and probably farther.

If others verify the change, then it will appear that a change was made in Windows 10.  Perhaps others will discuss the question.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2021 3:26 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Selecting Files

Hi Gene

Well I’m using Windows 10 with NVDA 2020.3 and it clearly announces “not selected” after each file name as I use Control+Shift+DownArrow to move through the list of files immediately after opening File Explorer. Similarly, if I select the first file then use Control+Shift+DownArrow, subsequent files are selected.

Had Chris known how the command works, he could have achieved what he wanted to do, so to say it’s the “wrong command” is unreasonable, particularly as you should know by now that in Windows, there are many ways to achieve the same thing.  I was giving added value to the subject of file selection as yourself and others have done, just think of it as another tool in the box.

Cheers

Chris