Re: Questions regarding SwitchSynth

Tyler Spivey

Some keyboards aren't able to press certain combinations of keys. That might be why the first slot won't work.
One current limitation of the addon is that you can only bind the keys to modifiers and numbers.
The advantage to this approach is you can get up to 10 slots for free, but the disadvantage is that you're stuck with modifiers and numbers.

It would be relatively simple to modify the addon to expose each slot as its own script, and avoid this limitation entirely.

On 12/31/2020 2:45 AM, Morne van der Merwe wrote:
Good day list,
I use a laptop with the latest version of Windows, as well as NVDA.
I have two questions regarding the SwitchSynth addon.
According to the addon, there are six slots to load languages on. The first slot, however, doesn’t work. I can only load language from slot 2 onwards.
When I select my language, the settings ring does not work. I have to reload NVDA in order for the settings ring to function.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Regards
Morné