From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Sunday 3 January 2021 16:01
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Say all in word working in a strange way

Chris,

Jean and you have made very helpful points, thanks.

I can confirm that the shift key is very effective in pausing the Say all flow. It resumes again perfectly without losing position on a second press of the shift key.

The control key does, as you say, terminate the Say All flow completely. It leaves the cursor at the first word of the current line. This means that a repeated press of the NVDA + down-arrow restarts Say all from the beginning of the line on which NVDA stopped speaking and so repeats only a few words that were already heard but not the whole spiel again.

All the best,

Cearbhall