Using NVDA and Number Pad on laptop

Brian Williams

Hi all, I have recently been using a very low-cost laptop which had only the basic keys. I have just moved to a higher spec model which has a compact NumPad. The keyboard doesn’t have a home or end key and I am struggling to work out which key combinations to use using NumPad to move to the beginning of text, beginning of line, and vice versa end of text and end of line. It seems like every laptop, even different models of the same make, seem to have a different keyboard layout. Is it better to have the FN key activated or deactivated when using NVDA in combination with any of the keys? Sorry for so many questions but I’m totally confused. Thanks for your help, hopefully.