Re: wondering where I can get other voices.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Chris,

Note that as well as the information Gene provided, (and just to double check the first thing to try) - NVDA comes setup with the eSpeak NG voice.  If you go into the Synthesizer dialog - NVDA+CONTROL+S, there should also be "Microsoft Speech API Version 5" which gives you access to the voices included with Windows (Microsoft Anna from Windows 7, Microsoft David and Zira in later versions - in English at least).  After selecting Microsoft Speech API version 5, go into the Voice settings dialog - NVDA+CONTROL+V and you can choose which of the Microsoft voices to use (just as you can tweak eSpeak or whichever other voice is selected).

There is also a page at: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/ExtraVoices with a list of extra voices available, both paid and free.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Chris Judd <chrischas0805@...> wrote:
Hey all,

I would like to know where I can get other voices for NVDA?  I know this comes up a lot, and I apoligize, but I’ve had NVDA for a while now, and love it, but would like some other voices to use.
Chris Judd
Twitter administrator for the Missouri Council of the blind.
Follow us on twitter @missouricouncil
Our website is:
http://moblind.org

--