Re: Double Tone

Gene

The tones indicate an error of some sort. The tones are enabled on betas so users are aware of when errors occur. They are disabled in production releases. Most of the time, such program errors don't affect the functioning of the program.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2021 5:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Double Tone

You've actually answered your own question, kinda, sorta. The only time I have had those double-tones is when I'm running a beta version, once something goes to the release candidate or actual release version those disappear.

I have to believe this is an intentional design element so that one knows that a beta is in use.

~ Brian Vogel