Re: Double Tone

Hi,

Typical errors can include, but are not limited to:

• Python specific errors such as inability to load a module, syntax errors with either NVDA or an add-on, errors associated with data structures such as key/index/value error exceptions, resource error such as inability to open a URL.
  • Errors from external modules, either wxWidgets/wxPython or something else.
  • Recently, garbage handler messages while managing resources.

When an error tone is heard, as Tyler noted, pressing NVDA+F1 will open the log viewer, from where you can scroll up to read the last error associated with the tone (technically a traceback). We (developers) need the complete traceback from the last error to determine what’s going on so we can either resolve it from NVDA side or reported to add-on authors (in case of my add-ons, I can guarantee a fix in minutes once I identify a possible cause and test a fix live; I use alpha builds for this purpose, and I try my best to make my add-ons error-free as much as possible before NVDA betas are released).

Cheers,

joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 3:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Double Tone

I really wish I knew "what sort of error."  Ninety-nine times out of one hundred I can see absolutely no difference from typical behavior, so it's unclear what's been identified as being off.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.