Re: OCR: Interacting with items from recognized UI

Luke Robinett

Hi Sascha,

I will review that section of the manual, but I just want to make sure it was clear what I was asking about. I know I can initiate a mouse click from the keyboard using the NVDA key and the numpad slash key. I also have the golden cursor ad on so I can move the mouse cursor around, set hot spots etc. I’m still not sure how I can get from the text readout of an OCR recognition result to the screen location of one of the controls it recognized. For example, say I take OCR of an application’s interface and when I’m reviewing the OCR output, one of the items I come across says ”options.” How can I tell NVDA to go to where it found that text on the UI and initiate a mouse click there? Thanks again.