Re: Key Pass Through

Gene

I was wrong about the keys not working with the pass through command. I had thought they didn't work because nothing is spoken. When you use the main keyboard home and end keys without using the pass through command or the numpad home and end using the nav mode and again not using the pass through command, add-on, something is spoken, the character you move to or the list item you move to.

Also, I just found something interesting about the pass next key through command. it doesn't work properly when you are in a list of files or the desktop list. The rename dialog opens. In short, it is a much better idea from the standpoint of convenience and speech feedback to use the Nav Mode Add-on for the purpose you want or to use the main keyboard home and end keys. I don't know anything about your keyboard but its hard to believe that there isn't some sort of command to make certain keys perform as home and end keys. Those are important and expected commands on keyboards.

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2021 9:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Key Pass Through

I just tried it. the pass through command doesn't cause the numpad home and
end keys to change your position. I don't know if the numpad does anything
if you use the pass through command before pressing a numpad key. Use home
and end on the main keyboard, or, if you want to use the numpad hhome and
end, there is an add-on that allows you to make the numpad perform as you
expect by not having NVDA reserve it for its own commands. the add-on can
be read about and downloaded here:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/numpadNavMode.en.html