Re: OCR: Interacting with items from recognized UI

Lukasz Golonka

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 17:02:00 -0800
"Luke Robinett" <blindgroupsluke@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

For inaccessible UIs I'll often run NVDA OCR on the UI and then press enter or space bar on the UI controls I find in the recognized text such as tabs, menus and buttons. I find this only works in some programs and other times seems to be ignored. I believe the issue in some cases is that some UIs only respond when an actual mouse is clicked on a control.
Your assertion is incorrect as NVDA already activates these controls by
moving mouse to their screen location and performing a left click.

While I cannot be sure why it works only for some controls for you the
most likely explanation is that Windows 10 OCR reports wrong screen
coordinates for the recognized text.
You can also try routing mouse to the given control manually by pressing
NVDA+numpad slash as the position of the caret inside recognition
results corresponds to the position of the control which contains that
text on the screen.

--
Regards
Lukasz