Re: question about the right click button numpad star*

Gene

Use shift f10. That usually works the same as the applications key, but not always.

From: Nikos Demetriou via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] question about the right click button numpad star*

Hi all.
I recently bought a new hp laptop.
As you probably know, recent laptops unfortunately don't have an application key.

NVDA has got a right click button which is the numpad *, but this shortcut unfortunately cannot act as an application key because it follows the focus of the mouse instead of the focus of the keyboard.

If we want to use this button we will have to press first nvda+/ to make the mouse to follow where the navigator object is.

I don't know if it's possible to make the numpad * to always follow the navigator object so it can act as an application key since we don't have one.
Nikos