Re: question about the right click button numpad star*

Gene

Are you saying you move the mouse using the NVDA mouse movement command, then click with the actual mouse click keys? My problem is generally not clicking as provided for in NVDA, but in instances where I can't move to something using the mouse movement command for technical reasons I don't know. There are times on web pages where the move mouse to object navigator position doesn't work. I'm not saying that the NVDA mouse click commands don't have problems at times, I don't know, but in general, my problem is being able to move the mouse using the NVDA mouse movement command..

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question about the right click button numpad star*

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 05:56 AM, tilahun muniye wrote:
The right click and application key seem similar but not at all.-
I have yet to see a single instance of where a true right click will not do exactly what hitting the applications/menu key does, but have seen a very rare few instances where hitting the applications/menu key does not do what true right click does.

I do not understand why anyone using a laptop does not simply mask off the thumb touchpad area of the full mousepad with cardboard to prevent mouse movement and use the actual left and right click keys. It's a simple thing to do, and it saves scads of heartache with emulated mouse clicks. The same thing can be done with a real mouse by putting tape over the optical port that allows it to detect movement.

I've been doing this with virtually every student I've ever had, as mouse key emulation remains far from perfect and I've had plenty of occasions where it just doesn't work. It's easy to keep access to the actual mouse left and right click keys while preventing any possibility of pointer movement.

~ Brian Vogel