Re: NVDA OCR

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sue,

I did start writing an update to the OCR section, I'll have to find that.  Meanwhile, if you have a JPG file in your documents folder, you will need to open that.  If you press ENTER on it, I think Windows will open it in the Photos app maybe?  Either way, once it's open you can then use NVDA+r to run OCR.  You then use your regular reading or navigation keys (EG NVDA+down arrow to say all, or the arrows to move around) to read the results.  Once done, press escape to close the temporary buffer and return to where you were.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 1:39 AM Sue J. Ward <groovy41@...> wrote:
  Hello. I was wondering is the documentation for the OCR section in
NVDA will be updated in the next version of NVDA cause I did download a
couple of attachments they are JPG files and I did save them in the
documents folder since am on a windows 10 machine with everything up to
date. When I go to the file in the list of files when I land on that
file was wondering should I open up the file then do the command nvda
plus R, cause I do a nvda plus r command it says recognizing results and
a second later it says done. Where do they go after the stuff has been
recognized? When I do tab around I don't see another window open up
displaying the results. Where do I go from here? Any help would be
great. I hope in the next version of Nvda it will explain it in more
detail. When I did it with Jaws it did a much better job, it sure would
be nice if NVDA could do something similar.

Maryland Governor Tried to Send Help for a Futile 90 Minutes
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e499f71e6e483ed8st02duc1
Josh Hawley Fumes After Losing His Book Deal
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e49c3c576e483ed8st02duc2
Social Media Posts Help Identify Capitol Rioters
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5ff86e49e89b86e483ed8st02duc3

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager