possible issue with NVDA on the Windows 10 log-on screen

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure what's causing this, but there seems to be an intermitant
issue with NVDA on the log-on screen of Windows 10. Yesterday was a
frustrating morning for me computer-wise, requiring several restarts.
After one such restart, NVDA just kept speaking the first letter of my
password after typing it several times. Usually it speaks that letter
once, then the password box comes up and I can type normally. Why the
log-on screen behaves this way I'm not sure, but it's something I've
gotten used to having Windows 10 for 3 and a half years. Once in a
while however, NVDA doesn't want to focus on anything on the log-on
screen. I tab around and it doesn't speak. So, I fire up Narrator,
which usually causes both screen readers to speak at the same time,
and from then on NVDA also works properly. I'm not sure if there's
anything the developers can do to track this down and fix it, but if
there is I'd like to see it done.
Bob