From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: January 12, 2021 6:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using tracking changes in Word and NVDA

Hi Janet,

Press control+shift+r to turn track changes on or off.  While on, any change you make to the document is recorded and can be approved or rejected later.

With NVDA in browse mode (NVDA+spacebar) you can jump between tracked changes as annotations (a or shift+a).  You can then use the context menu to accept or reject individual changes.

For more detail on using track changes, You might be interested in the Microsoft Word with NVDA training module, which has several topics with step by step instructions on turning the feature on and off, navigating between changes and accepting and rejecting changes: https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:11 AM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am doing a course assignment which involves editing documents produced by speech recognition software. I am to use tracking changes in Word to show changes I have made. Would someone out there be able to talk me through how to use tracking changes in Word with the latest stable version of NVDA and Windows ten?

Thanks,

Janet

--

Quentin Christensen