Re: beta 3 and closing programs

Gene

I don't know if a program can still have processes running in the background and not show up in the task manager list of running programs. But if you look in the processes part of the dialog and don't show the process for Thunderbird, as far as I know it isn't running. I don't know what you are describing in terms of where you use the appliccations key and where you use the refresh command.

From: Dave Grossoehme
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 3:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] beta 3 and closing programs

Good Afternoon: It's possible that something is running in the background after closing Thunder Bird by all means. I have closed Thunder Bird and it doesn't respond as being completely closed. If I press the application key, and go down to refresh, and press enter, then it's closed. However, until it is refreshed, it just sits there. It doesn't happen everytime.

Dave

On 1/9/2021 9:03 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I won't say that NVDA is not at play here, because it could be, but ALT+F4 is not an NVDA command, and not tied to NVDA in any way. It's a Windows command that the program window with focus when it's issued responds to. If Thunderbird continues to be "hanging about" with something running in the background, probabilities are that it's not NVDA causing this.

I have asked on a tech geek group specifically for professional techs I haunt whether there is a handy PowerShell and/or Command Prompt command or pipe sequence that would allow someone to zero in on whether a process or cluster of processes of a given name are running. It is my understanding that both Task Manager and Process Monitor are, while not strictly speaking inaccessible, not exactly anywhere near to easy to use with a screen reader.

~ Brian Vogel