Re: Windows 10 native Mail app

Gene

I hadn't noticed that control was being used. I believe the add-on will make the app easier to use but I don't know if it will affect read to end. That may be solved by using the command discussed in the below message.

From: Ian Westerland
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 2:06 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 native Mail app

Hello Brian, use the NVDA key instead of the Control key with the Down
Arrow key. You should then be able to read a whole Email.

I hope this works for you.

Best regards

Ian Westerland

On 1/14/2021 6:49 PM, Brian Williams wrote:
Hi all, recently returned to windows from a Macbook which I never really got on with. Using the native app for mail, going to the list of emails I have received I press enter to open one. I am only then able to read it line by line by holding down the control Key and using the down arrow. If I just use the down arrow key it reads the same line over and over. Is this an issue with NVDA, is there a keyboard command I am using wrongly or missing? The mail app does seem to be a bit fiddly but I don’t know whether it’s Windows 10 problem or a NVDA problem. is there a specific NVDA list of keystrokes to use within the mail app? Grateful for your help.