Re: am having problems typing while in an edit box when searching amazon

Gene

It sounds like an NVDA problem, then. You may want to uninstall and reinstall it and see if that solves the problem.

From: Joshua Hendrickson
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2021 4:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] am having problems typing while in an edit box when searching amazon

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, text is being written in the edit
field. I selected it and copied it to notepad and the text was there.
I am using chrome, I also tried firefox and the same problem is
happening.

It might save people a lot of trouble if they ask here before removing
information, especially when the removal is extremely unlikely to solve a
problem. In this case, if you use visited links as an important way you
navigate web sites, removing history will remove all visited links. History

is nothing more than a record your browser keeps of sites it has visited.
It is very unlikely to solve a problem like this and other far more likely
solutions should be tried first.

We don't yet know if the field is being written in. Do the following:
Write in an edit field where blank is spoken. Then go into browse mode and

see if there is any text you can read in the edit field in browse mode.
Also, select the line an copy it to the clipboard. Is any text copied?

Do you have other browsers and have you tried the same thing?

What browser are you using? Also, it would be a good idea to test another
web site.