Re: is there some setting that controls this?

Gene

Why does it matter? If you alt tab through running programs, you'll get to the one you want. I' not saying it doesn't matter, but I don't understand where it would.

From: Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 3:05 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] is there some setting that controls this?

Hi all,
I had to use Narrator to get me out of a tight spot yesterday, and
I've noticed this in previous experiences as well. Narrator, and every
other screen reader on Windows 7, gave the alt+tab list as a number
out of total programs, for example Windows Media Player 2 of 3. Now on
10, Narrator is the only screen reader that does this. Everything else
I've used with Windows 10 says "Windows Media Player row 1 column 2."
To me this is not useful at all, because I have no idea how many rows
there are, or how many columns are in a row. Is there a way to change
the way NVDA announces this?
Bob