From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 1:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] is there some setting that controls this?

The table of open windows is usually what I'm interested in. Is there a way to change this so it displays to NVDA in a list or however it did in Windows 7 and before?

Actually, you can't really find out how many programs are running as
many of them do not show windows. What task switching window (Alt+Tab)
will show is a table of open windows. At least on recent Windows 10
releases, to find out how many windows are showing, it is better to
open Task View (Windows+Tab) instead.
Cheers,
Joseph