Re: strange problem with NVDA on websites with lots of adds

Gene

I hope we get more comments and that more people try to duplicate the problem. As with the problem I discussed where NVDA stops reading on some web pages, while I've seen it discussed, I haven't seen much discussion so I have no idea if this is a rare or common problem. I don't think the version of Windows matters. I am using Windows 7 but I have seen one or two other people complain about the stop reading problem and I suspect they are using Windows 10.

From: Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2021 3:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] strange problem with NVDA on websites with lots of adds

Yes, you are right, NVDA does skip stuff on that site. Any idea how to
fix that? I think that article was the one where she talked about
Sunday school, and using read to end the first time, NVDA completely
skipped over that part. I've only had the repeating issue on
radioinsight.com, and only then when I have a lot of windows open.

I use Windows 7 but my comments may well apply to Windows 10 as well.

This problem may be related to another problem I've seen on occasion and
I've seen one or two other people complain of. that is, repetition of text

when using read to end on certain sites. When this happens to me, I copy
the page to the clipboard, paste it into Notepad, and read the material I
want. But that is hardly an ideal solution and keeps links from being seen

and followed.

The behavior I observed on this page is that now and then a phrase will be
skipped. I can go back and read by line and the phrase will be spoken as it

should be. I saw this happen three times in the part of the article I read

on this page. I had to read quite a bit of it after the first two skips
near the beginning for it to happen a third time.

Also, a different problem I've seen a few people complain of and which
happens to me is that NVDA will stop reading in a browser when using read to

end on some pages. This appears to be some sort of reaction to one or more

types of formatting because it isn't limited to any specifric site or page
but may happen on this or that page on a certain site but not on others on
the same site.