Re: NVDA Is Very Sluggish in Thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Mary,

When I first open t-bird, it's slow in getting new messages butonce that's done, it works perfectly with NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 1/16/2021 9:50 AM, Mary Otten wrote:
Hi Rich,

My experience with NVDA and T-bird is that there is sluggishness when I forrst open t-bird, while it is doing its thing of fetching mail and catching up with what I've done with email on my phone, which has my email as well. Once t-bird is done with its housekeeping, then NVDA acts perfectly fine with no sluggishness. In other words, I do not experience sluggishness except when I first open the app after the pc has beel asleep for a while and I've been doing email stuff on my phone. Keeping your trash emptied helps.

Mary

On 1/16/2021 9:47 AM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I am using NVDA Version 2020.3 on a Windows 10 computer.  I use Thunderbird Version 78, which I believe is the current version. Recently, NVDA has become very sluggish in Thunderbird.  Reaction to key strokes often takes up to several seconds.  This makes it very difficult to read or write emails.  What could be the problem here?  Nothing has changed with my system.