Re: Is anyone using a password manager?

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

I have tried many of these things out, including Lastpass, 1Password, Dashlane, Roboform, Bitwarden, and Keypass, as well as other Keypass derivatives. Dashlane is not accessible, roboform is painful, Keypass requires using another cloud service to sync your database which is more work and, in my view, not as safe as you are now trusting your own back-up and another cloud provider other than your Password manager with all your passwords, although some may feel differently about that. Another issue with Keypass is the mobile apps are 3rd-party apps. Lastpass used to be more accessible, and it is usable at present, but it has gotten more painful. They have also had a number of security breaches over the years, so I've stopped using them. Bitwarden is usable, but its desktop apps aren't accessible, and its Android app for auto-fill is fine, but 1Password is better. I have interacted with the 1password devs on a number of occasions through their forum, and through Twitter. They do care about accessibility, their desktop apps are accessible and offer keyboard shortcuts, they work on all platforms with equal accessibility, and they are quite secure. They are also very highly rated, and give the option to use your own cloud provider if you wish, or to use them to help sync your data. Their extension, 1Password X, is usable, but it has a way to go, and could do with more keyboard shortcuts. The one benefit of using that particular extension is the integration with privacy.com for creating virtual cards, which is a service I also use.

By the way, if you would like a demo on 1Password and Bitwarden on Windows, Android, or iOS, check out the BlindTechGuys podcast as about a month ago, we had a number of podcasts where these two password managers were demoed and discussed. www.blindtechguys.com.

To tie all of this to NVDA, 1Password is the easiest to use with NVDA with the desktop app, but Lastpass and Bitwarden are doable, as is Keypass. Unfortunately, Dashlane is not usable.

Thanks.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 12:37 PM Russell James <4rjames@...> wrote:
Hi Jacob,

Can you share that with your Android devices?

Thank you

Russ

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:14 AM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

I use KeePass 2, and, it works just fine with NVDA.

https://keepass.info/download.html

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA
On 2021-01-16 11:35 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
If so, which one is it and how accessible is it?

Thankks,
John

--
Best,