Re: NVDA Is Very Sluggish in Thunderbird

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Give Thunderbird a chance to download all your emails. Everything about Thunderbird gets sluggish while mail is being downloaded, hence NVDA's slow response.  Also, while you are writing mail, it continually copies your message to draft.  These are Thunderbird specific ptasks and not I think, anything to do with NVDA.  We sometimes have to differentiate between NVDA's sluggishness from those caused by  the programs it is supposed to interpret.  NVDA can only respond as smoothly as applications will allow it.  If, However NVDA gets sluggish while you are not actively engaging your system, then the fault lies with NVDA itself, since anything that can go wrong during installation will go wrong.  Cheers!.

On 17/1/2021 1:47 am, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I am using NVDA Version 2020.3 on a Windows 10 computer.  I use Thunderbird Version 78, which I believe is the current version. Recently, NVDA has become very sluggish in Thunderbird.  Reaction to key strokes often takes up to several seconds.  This makes it very difficult to read or write emails.  What could be the problem here?  Nothing has changed with my system.