Re: Windows 10 native Mail app

Chris Mullins

Hi

Some of it does get rolled into the NVDA core but I think Joseph Lee uses the add-on as a vehicle to apply solutions quickly without having to wait for NVDA releases.

Cheers

Chris

Sent: 17 January 2021 19:58
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 native Mail app

Out of curiosity, if an add-on is needed to have reliable access to what are considered essential Windows apps, I just gotta ask… Why not just roll that into the core functionality of NVDA?

On Jan 14, 2021, at 5:22 AM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi Brian

If you are using Windows 10 I would install the Windows 10 App essentials add-on, which smoothes out some of the accessibility wrinkles within the OS and it’s apps, including Windows Mail.

Cheers

Chris  

Sent: 14 January 2021 07:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 native Mail app

Hi all, recently returned to windows from a Macbook which I never really got on with. Using the native app for mail, going to the list of emails I have received I press enter to open one. I am only then able to read it line by line  by holding down the control Key and using the down arrow. If I just use the down arrow key it reads the same line over and over. Is this an issue with NVDA, is there a keyboard command I am using wrongly or missing? The mail app does seem to be a bit fiddly but I don’t know whether it’s Windows 10 problem or a NVDA problem. is there a specific NVDA list of keystrokes to use within the mail app? Grateful for your help.

Brian

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.