Re: Reading chats in MS Teams

Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...>

OK, got it. Here are a couple suggestions:

For accessing the link in a message, press enter on the message and then press tab twice. This should place focus on the link.

To review a message word by word or character by character, use the object review keys (with numlock turned off):

Numpad 7 and 9 to move between lines

Numpad 4 and 6 to move between words

Numpad 1 and 3 to move by character

To copy text, position the review cursor at the desired start point and press NVDA + F9. Next position the review cursor at the end of the text you want to copy and press NVDA + F10 twice rapidly. This copies it to the clipboard.

Hope this helps,

Luke

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaibhav Saraf
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2021 7:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading chats in MS Teams

Hi,

This experience works fine for me. But the problem is that when I go through the messages in forms mode I cannot make out the chat word by word or letter by letter if I have difficulty understanding the message, or sometimes it can be a link and I would copy it using Ctrl + Shift + right arrow.

Earlier Teams was treating all the messages as H4, so navigation was quite easy even in browse mode, and allowing me to go letter by letter and stuff.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 01:17, Luke Robinett <blindgroupsluke@...> wrote:

I use teams extensively on a daily basis at my job and it seems to work just fine for me. I’ll describe what I’m doing and you tell me where your experience differs.

If I want to chat with somebody from my chat history, I press control 2 which takes me to the recent chat list. I use the up and down arrow keys to find the chat I want and then hit enter to open it. This puts focus in the text box of that chat. If I press shift tab I land inside the messages area. I press NVDA spacebar to enter forms mode. While in forms mode, I can simply use the up and down arrow keys to move easily from message to message. Pressing enter on a message gives me reactions and while in that screen, pressing tab gets me a menu with more options. Hitting escape a few times gets me back to the main messages list.

If you haven’t already, I recommend studying and learning the Microsoft teams shortcut keys because they are extremely useful. Hope that helps. If I’m not addressing your question, let me know where I went wrong.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.