Well, it does act differently but it still gives me the whole email list and not just the results list.  I am obviously doing something wrong.  I guess I'll just go back to doing my searches via the GMail web interface.

Thanks Gene,

Dan Beaver

On 1/18/2021 1:31 PM, Dan Beaver via groups.io wrote:

Well, I have been using the search field that is on the screen.  I hadn't tried using the ctrl+f keystroke.  When I use the search field then try to tab to the list I get the full list of emails not the search results.

I will try the ctrl+f keystroke and see if that behaves differently.

Dan Beaver

On 1/18/2021 1:16 PM, Gene wrote:
How are you searching?  If you are using control shift f to open search and searching in that way, once you have done the search and the search is finished, tab twice to the list.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2021 12:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] searching in Thunderbird email app

How do you search for emails in TB?  I have tried many times but I can never figure out how to look at a list of the resulting emails.   I am assuming it is something special I have to do using NVDA but I could be very wrong about this.

Any help would very much be appreciated.

-- Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)