exporting NVDA user preferences

Venkatesh Potluri

Hi list,

Would it be possible for me to export my NVDA configurations (voice settings, addons, etc.) and use these on another machine which has NVDA installed? The machines in question are remote VMs and may be reset at frequent instances so I would like to avoid me, and other potential users having to re-configure NVDA. I notice that creating a portable copy of NVDA is an option, but I have a few questions regarding that.

1.       Can I install additional addons in the portable copy of NVDA?

2.       Can I override the NVDA installed on the machine with my portable copy?

Are there better ways to port my NVDA configuration on my local machine to other machines?

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Best regards,

Venkatesh Potluri

PhD Student, University of Washington