Re: NVDA reading all punctuation marks

Gene

This is probably a settings change in Word.  There is a short cut command to toggle the command on and off but I haven't found it so far.  I have Word starter on my machine, not a full version of Word and it is an older version of the limited word.  I can probably give you instructions that will match your version of Word based on this program but I'll see what others have to say. In my version, the item controlling this behavior is in the paragraph grouping of the home ribbon.  Its a button for showing all marks or some wording like that.

Gene

On 1/21/2021 7:52 AM, Vaibhav Bhandari wrote:
Quentin,
I have attached a document with some lines written on it. One thing
I've found about it is that NVDA is only reading those punctuations in
word. This thing is neither happening in notepad nor in web browzers.

On 1/21/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Have you got a document with this issue you could send me to have a look at
please?

Quentin.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 1:24 AM Vaibhav Bhandari <
vaibhavbhandari2017@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
Today when I was reading one of my files which is in Hindi language,
while reading the text, NVDA started reading all the punctuation
symbols except the full stop one and I was unable to resolve it. Even
reducing the symbol level did not do any good. I am current using its
beta 2020.4 version and I did not have this problem when I was using
NVDA 2020.3. Does anyone have any sollutions for me?

--
Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

--
Quentin Christensen