Re: Navigating A Web Page

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 07:13 PM, Gene wrote:
You are arguing by analogy between a sighted user and a blind user. It is an incorrect analogy, as I explain in my second message
-
Again, Gene, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

When focus shifts, and you have no access to what you "should," the first thing to suspect is a modal dialog (to use the correct term) has popped open and overlaid your page.

I have often said that there are sometimes no substitutes for sight, and this is one of them.  You can't see what's happened, but you can infer it based on what the screen reader is allowing you to do in that context.  And you (the generic you) had better get adept at making those inferences.

       ~ Brian Vogel