Re: Navigating A Web Page

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 10:57 PM, Sascha Cowley wrote:
Using Firefox, it was not announced, nor was focus trapped in it.
-
The behavior in Firefox is quite different than it was in Brave.  Eventually this thing was announced, but I was definitely not trapped in it and the screen reader circled back to announcing what was actually on the screen masked by this modal dialog.

I would love to know why something this seemingly straightforward is handled so differently by two different web browsers, even two with completely different rendering engines.

But you're absolutely correct that what one could logically infer under Firefox (very little) is very, very different than what one could using Brave (and I'd guess other Chromium-based browsers, though I haven't tried).

       ~ Brian Vogel