Re: Navigating A Web Page

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 12:42 PM, Gene wrote:
but testing may require constant removal of the cookie left by the site.
-
That really depends on how you have your browser settings configured.  If you're someone like me, who uses "start from where I left off" (or similar phrasing, it depends on the browser), then far more cookies, including session cookies, are retained if you exit the browser and restart it.

In most cases, something like a "Maybe Later" button should set a cookie that expires, and if you're not using the previously mentioned setting these generally get purged when you exit the browser and restart it.  But not always, some are set to expire after a certain time elapses.

So you are absolutely correct that you may have to clear cookies for a period of time that is at least as long since you activated that Maybe Later button.  This often has the unfortunate side effect of nuking session cookies, which are what keep you recognized as being logged in on various sites in the browser.

       ~ Brian Vogel