Re: NVDA Screen Review Mode

Sarah k Alawami

here's more info on FsTramp. basically it is a tool we use for now to fly. but that is beyond the scope of this list. if you have any quesiotns please ask me but not here.

On 23 Jan 2021, at 11:29, Chris Smart wrote:

Tramp? LOL

Biting my tongue over here LOL

On 2021-01-23 2:01 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Oh I know it's not, I know how to use it very well, I liken it to mac os. I just choose not to use it and use scren review on the new programs where necessary. You can hear me doing this a lot here. Just look for any video and fast forward to where I'm using tramp.

On 22 Jan 2021, at 22:31, Chris Smart wrote:

If you mean ObjectNAV, it's not that scary.

On 2021-01-22 8:56 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually tha'ts not quite true. I use screen review on a lot of newer programs and activate things with the mouse. I use screen review to read the screen, route and click. I never if I can help it use object review.

Take care

On 22 Jan 2021, at 17:22, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Ah, I see.

What you are describing is called “focus mode” where whatever key you press will be dealt not by NVDA but by the web application you are using. For example, pressing K while playing a YouTube video will pause the video if focus mode is on, whereas NVDA will move you to the next link if browse mode is active.

Screen review, on the other hand, will let you review the contents of an app’s window. For example, under older programs, activating screen review mode will let you see the contents of the app that aren’t accessible with keyboard commands. These days screen review would not work properly in newer apps but you can find out the contents of a window by doing an OCR (NVDA+R).

Cheers,

Joseph