Re: NVDA Screen Review Mode

Sarah k Alawami

here's more info on FsTramp. basically it is a tool we use for now to fly. but that is beyond the scope of this list. if you have any quesiotns please ask me but not here.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 23 Jan 2021, at 11:29, Chris Smart wrote:

Tramp? LOL

Biting my tongue over here LOL

On 2021-01-23 2:01 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Oh I know it's not, I know how to use it very well, I liken it to mac os. I just choose not to use it and use scren review on the new programs where necessary. You can hear me doing this a lot here. Just look for any video and fast forward to where I'm using tramp.

--

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

On 22 Jan 2021, at 22:31, Chris Smart wrote:

If you mean ObjectNAV, it's not that scary.

On 2021-01-22 8:56 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually tha'ts not quite true. I use screen review on a lot of newer programs and activate things with the mouse. I use screen review to read the screen, route and click. I never if I can help it use object review.

Take care

--

On 22 Jan 2021, at 17:22, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Ah, I see.

What you are describing is called “focus mode” where whatever key you press will be dealt not by NVDA but by the web application you are using. For example, pressing K while playing a YouTube video will pause the video if focus mode is on, whereas NVDA will move you to the next link if browse mode is active.

Screen review, on the other hand, will let you review the contents of an app’s window. For example, under older programs, activating screen review mode will let you see the contents of the app that aren’t accessible with keyboard commands. These days screen review would not work properly in newer apps but you can find out the contents of a window by doing an OCR (NVDA+R).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blind allday
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Screen Review Mode

Well, I thought that screen review mode meant that a page allowed you to activate certain shortcuts that a page had.

For example, on YouTube you can press “K”  for it to pause and play.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 4:49 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell us what you know about screen review? That way we can help you fill in the gap.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blind allday
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 4:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Screen Review Mode

Hello guys,

I think I am overthinking NVDA’s Screen Review Mode. Can someone explain it to me? Or point me  to where I can learn more about it.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.