asking on behalf of a friend

Arlene

Hi list: Arlene here, I want to ask a question. My room mate is seeking employment where you have to read screen shots on the computer. Can NVDA read them? Heer’s the e-mail my room mate sent to me so I can ask on this list. Another blind computer user thinks you can’t do it. This was from another blind tec list. My room mate uses a mac computer but she has access to a windows computer that has both NVDA and Jaws on it. Here is the Message.

​​​​​​​​​​

Hey there Kerri!

Happy Friday! Stephanie here from Shopify. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to meet with me yesterday regarding the Junior Support Advisor

position. I really enjoyed out chat :)

I wanted to reach out to get a little more information from you regarding the types of tools/accommodations you would require to assist with the role,

should we move forward with your application. You mentioned the use of a screen reader that would assist with all text based info - would you be able to

let me know which screen reader it is that you use so I can check in with our team to ensure compatibility?

The JSA role does involve sending and receiving image files to/from merchants. For example, we often use screenshots of merchant's online shops to help

troubleshoot issues that they may be facing. There are also image based problems that often come up often with merchants such as product image quality,

placement, and size. Are images something that you would be comfortable assisting with?

Any additional information would much appreciated as I can then pass everything along to our Accessibility team.

Hope you have an awesome weekend Kerri and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Talk soon,

Stephanie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10