Re: asking on behalf of a friend

Bob Cavanaugh

I would think the same. I wouldn't have thought to use AIRA, but
that's probably the only way you can read screen shots. As for sending
screen shots, that's pretty easy, but I wish Windows would be like the
mac where you actually hear the camera as it takes the screenshot.
This is part of the reason why I've never taken one, but at least in
theory it's pretty easy to do.

I was waiting for a first response. It would be doable but truthfully
I would not. You will need aira to help you and although doable you will
be slow. Good luck job hunting.

[website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

Check out my [adventures with a shadow
machine.](http://tffppodcast.com/shadow)

Our [discord](http://discord.tffppodcast.com) is where you will know
when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum) Feel free to give
the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry
page](http://lbry.tv/@tffp) You will also be able to buy some of my
products and eBooks there.

[here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 23 Jan 2021, at 14:28, Gene wrote:

If you mean a screen shot as an image, which they are, I don't know to
what extent or how reliably you can. it would require OCR and I am
skeptical that the speed or accuracy would be suitable for use in a
job. I haven't tried this and those who have will,, I hope tell their
experiences.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Arlene
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 4:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] asking on behalf of a friend

Hi list: Arlene here, I want to ask a question. My room mate is
seeking employment where you have to read screen shots on the
computer. Can NVDA read them? Heer’s the e-mail my room mate sent to
me so I can ask on this list. Another blind computer user thinks you
can’t do it. This was from another blind tec list. My room mate uses
a mac computer but she has access to a windows computer that has both
NVDA and Jaws on it. Here is the Message.

Hey there Kerri!

Happy Friday! Stephanie here from Shopify. Thank you again for taking
the time out of your day to meet with me yesterday regarding the
Junior Support Advisor

position. I really enjoyed out chat :)

I wanted to reach out to get a little more information from you
regarding the types of tools/accommodations you would require to
assist with the role,

should we move forward with your application. You mentioned the use of
a screen reader that would assist with all text based info - would you
be able to

let me know which screen reader it is that you use so I can check in
with our team to ensure compatibility?

The JSA role does involve sending and receiving image files to/from
merchants. For example, we often use screenshots of merchant's online
shops to help

troubleshoot issues that they may be facing. There are also image
based problems that often come up often with merchants such as product
image quality,

placement, and size. Are images something that you would be
comfortable assisting with?

Any additional information would much appreciated as I can then pass
everything along to our Accessibility team.

Hope you have an awesome weekend Kerri and I look forward to hearing
back from you!

Talk soon,

Stephanie

Sent from Mail for Windows 10