NVDA Keyboard Issue

Blind allday

I got a new laptop and it’s one of those that has a number pad on the right of it. You also must hold down the function key to activate any of the F keys. I was able to turn that off.

So, to the issue. I can move by character, word and line but only using the number pad on the right not the original NVDA laptop layout commands. I tried going to the NVDA preferences>settings>keyboard but I couldn’t find anything that could fix the problem.

I think it may be a problem with my laptop keyboard and not NVDA. Has anyone else had this problem?