Re: Is NVDA good with Libre Office or Open Office?

The Gamages

Naybe not of the highest importance, but the font colour dialogue became inaccessible as newer versions were intorduced, for a while object navigation could be used, but even that failed in the end.
Perhaps an older version of Libre office would be more suitable  until this can be resolved, if it is important to useres.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Is NVDA good with Libre Office or Open Office?

Another option is SoftMaker FreeOffice with the caveats that you must install it with its setup for a menu driven interface (rather than ribbons, which in its case are entirely inaccessible for some reason) and you may need sighted help during install to do that, though I believe someone may have given instructions on getting around the one dialog where you select this that was not accessible "on the surface."  I'd have to search the archive.

I can't speak to anything about charts and graphs, though, as I never test for that sort of advanced feature when I'm doing "quick and dirty" accessibility testing.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.