From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of bering.p
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 7:10 PM
To: nvda courrier <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] message announced by NVDA

Hi.
I am surprised that this question is not answered .
So I return in my box with it.
Best regards.
Paul.

Le 23/01/2021 09:56, bering.p a écrit :

Hi to all.
I am sharing with you an observation I made concerning the announcement of messages by NVDA and which may be the subject of a PR.

When the option "Report object descriptions" is disabled, NVDA does not speak the text in dialog boxes.
This is annoying when it comes to a message informing the user or questioning him.
For example:
- following a manual search for update request.
- when an add-on uses "gui.messageBox" to query the user.

In this case, it is necessary to read the contents of the dialog box using "NVDA + b".

I think that any message emitted by NVDA should be announced regardless of the state of activation of the option.
What do you think ?
And if you agree, please do the PR.
best regards.
Paul.