Re: SPSS and NVDA

William

Hifolks,

With the instructions from my friend, today I was able to complete many of the data analysis task by myself. e.g. I am able to import data from excel and do data preparation and some test like t-test.

I aware two areas that screen reader may pay attention to :

1. SPSS has a syntext function, which is a program code like interface.

screen reader can make use of this function, so that we can avoideinteracting with the ui, but only deal with codes.

2 on some areas, nvda still have accessibility issue.

e.g. sometimes when a window pop up, nvda did not read the content of the window, even pressing nvda + b cannot read the pop up window. I have to use review cursor to read the window.

sometimes, changing the view, e.g. change from variable view back to data view, nvda will become silent.

And one of the most annoying thing is that, the savepop up window is not accessible. When you press ctrl s or quit the program, SPSS will promt you for saving the file, however, the pop up windows is not accessible by pressing tab or any alternative ways. I have to manually move the mouse on to the window, then click with right lick, then nvda can read the button again.

I would say SPSS is usable for screen reader user.

But still lots of areas that need to be fixed.SuperSilly 於 30/12/2020 20:49 寫道:

Hi,

I could not find relevant information on whether SPSS is accessible using NVDA.

Is there any person here has experience in using SPSS with NVDA?

Do you have any information on how I should do with it?

Thanks.