From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Beta 4 error tone when opening outlook

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 01:07 PM, Gary Metzler wrote:

When using the beta this sound is normal.

-
Yes and no.  I agree with you, from a practical standpoint, that this tone generally doesn't indicate that anything's wrong that the end user would be concerned about unless there were an obvious bad behavior.  That being said, even in the beta it does indicate that an error condition of some sort has been encountered, and if your logging level happens to be set to debug you can look at the NVDA log to see what, exactly, it is that was not liked.

       ~ Brian Vogel