Re: NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

Quentin Christensen

NVDA doesn't specify a browser to use, it launches the web page which opens in whatever your default browser for .html files is.  To check, you can launch the file manually.  Either:
- open the user guide from the help menu, select the address bar, paste into the address bar of File Explorer and press ENTER.
- Or if you have NVDA installed, go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\documentation\en and press ENTER on any of the files.

You can check your default browser, by pressing the WINDOWS key, type "default apps" and press ENTER, then tab to "Web browser" .  if it's set to something other than what you want, press ENTER and select the desired browser from the list.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 10:10 AM Chris via groups.io <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

I would check to see if edge is still your default browser, things can change without you realizing

Thats the only thing it could be

Sent: 28 January 2021 22:39
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

Hi.  I opened the NVDA User Guide to reference something, and I noticed that it didn't open in Microsoft Edge, which is set as my default browser.  Is the specific shortcut to the User Guide set to open in another browser?  I tried to open another web-based manual for comparison, and it opened in Edge.

Thanks,

Louise

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.