Re: NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

Gene

The chat list has some discussion but it isn't a lot of mail. Also, you can go nomail on the chat list and switch to receiving mail when you pose a question.

It may be that your settings indicate that Edge is the default browser, but something is wrong and it actually isn't. Try making another browser the default, then making Edge the default again. In situations where the default setting was lost, or never was properly made, doing this often corrects the situation.

From: Louise Pfau
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA User Guide doesn't open in default browser

Hi. I checked settings, and Edge is my default browser. I could navigate to the address bar in Windows Explorer, but it wasn't read as an editable control. I opened the NVDA user guide from the "Help" menu, "Start" menu, and the documentation folder in "Program Files" as described. I just tried to open a different web-based manual from the one that I mentioned in the original post, and it also opened in another browser. It doesn't look like this is unique to the NVDA user guide, as I first thought. I haven't subscribed to the chat subgroup, because I get a lot of E-mail from the various groups I'm on.

Thanks,

Louise