locked Re: The management of groups.io is accessible with NVDA?

Iván Novegil

I've just tried to mass invite members using a file and it seems to be working as expected, all invitations arrived at their destination. The page states: "Upload a file containing the email addresses to invite, one per line". I've uploaded a txt file.

To require approval for subscriptions, go to Settings>Spam Control tab and modify settings appropiately.

Anyway this seems to be outside of the list purpose, since groups.io is the most common provider for recently created mailing tyflo-lists in English, and therefore is presumably usable with NVDA, despite some little accessibility concerns. However I wouldn't use it to build a public mailing list in Spanish, if that's your case; just my opinnion.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 29/01/2021 á(s) 16:32, Tere Codina escribiu:

Hi all,

I just created a mailing list in groups.io and I need to know if the management of it is accessible with NVDA.

For example, I can't upload the file containing the new subscribers list, maybe the file has to have some special format?

Nor can I subscribe the addresses to the list, putting the addresses, each one on one line.

Another task that seems difficult, changing the configuration of who can subscribe to the list. I want the subscription to have to be approved by the moderator, but I can't change this feature.

If you tell me that these tasks are not accessible, I will look for another mailing list provider, but I need you to confirm if it is true that these tasks cannot be done with NVDA.

Thank you in advance.

Teresa