Re: SECURITY FEATURES

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

The following webpage from NVACCESS might help and answer some of there questions.

The link is https://www.nvaccess.org/corporate-government/

The link is https://www.nvaccess.org/corporate-government/

Also asking the developers should help.

They can also get there developers to look over the code as well.

Here in New Zealand we have nvda on 2 huge library networks which can be found on the main page of http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

If I remember right nvda is installed on about 1000 computers between those 2 networks There used to be 3 the APN K but about a year ago they changed from Windows computers which had 750 copies of nvda on there network to chrome books

Gene nz

On 29/01/2021 10:24 pm, heaven.lists92@... wrote:

Dear List

Could one of the developers please contact me regarding the following queries:

  1. JAWS fanatics often reference the fact that JAWS has a closed source, paid licence, as the main reason for its increased security, especially in the workplace.  As NVDA is open source, many companies are scared to use it, since they are afraid of the security risks involved with opensource licences.  How do NVDA developers make sure that the source code for NVDA is secured so that hackers cannot attach trojans or viruses, etc to it.
  2. How do the developers make sure that information, such as personally identifiable information used in call centres and health institutions, is not at risk when using NVDA?

The reasons why I am asking these questions are as follows:

  1. I love using NVDA on my home computer and would really encourage anyone to use it with all the features it offers without a yearly over-priced subscription.
  2. I need to recommend screen reading software to some companies in South Africa who are scared of the risks involved in installing open source software.
  3. NVDA has so many more languages that it supports with braille and speech, while JAWS is quite limited. Furthermore, NVDA is simpler to use than JAWS and I would love to see it being implemented in more companies since it is free and legal, preventing companies from resorting to illegal software.

Thank you for your help

Heaven